The Call For Rain
“Rain will come, but when? When? ”
Said Ravi Singh to his farmer men.
It was already July summer,
But the rains did not even mummer.
The sky was clear,
Ravi Singh only had a sigh to wear.
The rains were already late,
The fields were in a drought state,
If the rains did not come soon now,
There would be no food even for the cow.
Ravi had to do something, but what? What?
It was like playing in a lot.
Ravi wanted to talk to god, but how? how?
Would he write a letter to god now?
The only way to talk to god was a letter,
To god, it would matter
The post master laughed on and on,
The letter was then torn.
In the August beginning,
Rains came with much happiness,
Wealth and prosperity.
Water filled the cans, fields.
The rains came with happy life.
The rains sent away all the strife.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Call For Rain by Siddhant Sharma )
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
William Cullen Bryant
(November 3, 1794 – June 12, 1878)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(10 February 1970-)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Solitary Reaper, William Wordsworth
- If you really don't want me in your life., Beautiful Lie
- Cleanliness and Happiness, chandra thiagarajan
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- Andhere Kaa Deepak, Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- I love boobs, Randy Johnson
Poem of the Day
- My Exploding Stomach, RUBAB ATWAL
- The Lifelong Comrades, Muhammad Farhan Ahmed
- LAST TIME, Terry Collett
- Another Toll By Death, Tony Adah
- I have always thought about life, Sumita Jetley
- I MISS YOU DAD, Sharen Suren
- Roses Red, Coral, Blue, Muhammad Farhan Ahmed
- A Night Thought, Luo Zhihai
- B day, hasmukh amathalal
- Nothing worth to be Found Right, Meriam Joseph