If I was one thing, I'd be a candle
Burning just to light your way
Unconditional brightness abundant in your path
Whichever route you take
I would light your path to avoid any struggles
I'd help to keep you from stumbling over
moving the obstacles in your path opening all the doors.
I will light your way and pray your life is easier,
My light will shine oh so brightly
Even in the strongest winds, not even a flicker.
My light is your focus shining brightly in the dullest of days
The faith I have in you keeps the flame burning
One day you may leave me behind
You may no longer need my light to shine.
If that day comes, go on your way
And I will hope to see you again one day.
If one day, I don't appear,
Do not worry, do not fear
I may be gone, but in your heart
The light I gave you did not depart.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Candle by andli litt )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Lights, Camera, Action, Sandra Feldman
- Turned Onto Suicidal Paths, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Last Page, Bhaskar Rabha
- Peace, SALINI NAIR
- With a glance on Cuito Cuanavale, Gert Strydom
- Inferno, Gert Strydom
- Exactly in this time(ঠিক এইখিনি সময়তে), Bhaskar Rabha
- Evening conversation, Gert Strydom
- Place, laxami Cards
- teaching my baby girls, Jason Callender