The Changing Point
Seems like everything in the world changes
Not much stays the same
To expect your childhood streets to be there is insane!
Nothing stays how you remember it.
The world evolves, revolves, and changes
It's often the things we feel are most
Immutable in this physical world that suddenly change
Environments, neighborhoods, schools, people,
Nations, conflicts, buildings, values, and ideas
They all change and shift
The world can feel like a supernova
Constantly exploding into something new
But is that beautiful?
Can beauty be transient and ever changing?
If the world is beautiful then is change beautiful?
And if change is beautiful
Why then do these shifts feel so vacuumous
Why does it feel like amidst change you lose a piece of yourself
Why does it feel like yours memories are myths and legends
Is this too beautiful?
Now that would be a change.
David Knox's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Changing Point by David Knox )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- love became LOVE and now i live., Mandolyn ...
- Uncontained Sadness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Structure, Fiona McCullough
- Battles Of The Inner Child, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Multiplying Loneliness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- This Is Such A Pity, Electric Lady
- What Happen To Love, Lilly Emery
- The Judges Lied, Tony Adah
- Empty Passages, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- In Hiding, Leigh Sena