The Conept of the Birth
What is birth? Why is it? Who causes it?
The birth is the fusion of matter and force
That came into being by accident
And since then evolves like planets revolve.
As the wind blows and the water flows
In accordance with the external force
The living things grow and reproduce
In accordance with the external force.
The fire is to burn; the life is to burn.
The burning is growth, which both of them do.
Both must feed the matter to live and grow.
Both must get the fevour of wind to burn
The conversion of matter into life
Is the action of the internal force.
The conversion of life into matter
Is the action of the external force.
The external force is the Supreme
And the internal is the soul, you may say.
They are not separate nor opposite.
The soul is the outcome of the Supreme.
The life is like water in rivers.
The body is like banks in rivers.
The water extends the river course
The banks regulate the river force.
The air fans the flame and put it out.
The God flames the life and put it out.
What happens to the flame when it is shut
That happens to the life when put to death.
The living kingdom is just like a tree
The growth of each bud is the growth of the shoot.
It grows aided by the external force
And dies thwarted by the same force.
Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Conept of the Birth by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar. )
- And then there were none, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- The Upstairs Witch, David Lewis Paget
- Breeze of love, SALINI NAIR
- Mt. Eden, Frank Avon
- I am in love with you, ambitious blessing
- Figurines, Mike Acker
- A Hot Summers Day, David Harris
- Prohibited passions, Luca Menin
- When Life Turns Topsyturvy, Toshie Nohara
- Oneiros, Don Prem Legaspi
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)