The Crab That Played with the Sea
China-going P. & O.'s
Pass Pau Amma's playground close,
And his Pusat Tasek lies
Near the track of most B.I.'s.
N.Y.K. and N.D.L.
Know Pau Amma's home as well
As the Fisher of the Sea knows
"Bens," M.M.'s and Rubattinos.
But (and this is rather queer)
A.T.L.'s can qiot come here;
O. and O. and D.O.A.
Must go round another way.
Orient, Anchor, Bibby, Hall,
Never go that way at all.
U.C.S. would have a fit
If it found itself on it.
And if "Beavers" took their cargoes
To Penang instead of Lagos,
Or a fat Shaw-Savill bore
Passengers to Singapore,
Or a White Star were to try a
Little trip to Sourabaya,
Or a B.S.A. went on
Past Natal to Cheribon,
The the great Mr. Lloyds would come
Whith a wire and drag them home!
. . . . .
You will know what my riddle means
When you've eaten mangosteens.
Rudyard Kipling's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Crab That Played with the Sea by Rudyard Kipling )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Did you read them?
- Illuminating, Mark Heathcote
- Over looking choice, Jessica Dehn
- The Wine Effect, I Am Krakatoa
- Light Foot xx xxx xx Original 12 28.., Lee Mack
- changing the world, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- Worrdless Man xx xxx xx Original 12 .., Lee Mack
- Not seeing sweet Sweetie is impossible!, Nyota Yasulwe
- Rollikng Six xx xxx xx Original 11 1.., Lee Mack
- Beg the Question xx xxx xx Original 1.., Lee Mack
- गोखा मोन्दांथि, Ronjoy Brahma