The Dance School Boys & Girls
When I see them coming from the drama practical,
Taking of their exam and returning back,
I mean the learners,
Dressed and made up
And after seeing them, forget I my poetry
And start thinking about their performing art,
They saying it all
With their poses and postures in movement,
Expressions of sorrow and happiness,
Expressing through signs and symbols,
Rhythmic movement and break-up of limbs.
Just like puppets, the old puppet dances of India
And the artistes making it happen
Through a thread,
Where that art and tradition?
Just like the Ramayana and the Mahabharata artistes
The episodes as per their strength,
The love-romances of Krishna.
I see the dance school boys and girls coming from
After taking their practical exam
And the make-up men
Have tried to add the grace.
But what have the artistes got,
All those who have kept up the tradition
By being a courtier, a bai, a nautch girl
Or a devadasi, say you?
The arts ruined into the hands of the fanatics and conservatives,
Bad name was attached to,
The company too prevailed upon
And the nautch girls turned into replicas.
Bijay Kant Dubey's Other Poems
- The Communists
- How Long Will The Hero Go Beating The ...
- I Do Not Know What To Tell You
- I See The Flowers
- The Dance School Boys & Girls
- I Do not Know Who Is What?
- What is love? (The Red Rose And Its Pet...
- “Why Does He Read So Much, Remain Lost I... -new-
- A Beautiful Girl
- A Beautiful Girl, A Beautiful Tale
- A Beautiful Heart
- A Beautiful Life, You Are Destroying Wit...
- A Beauty To See Or A Red Rose?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.