The Day Before You Came
I have always lived in the moment
never worried about the future
never questioned the past
have turned a page in the book-of-life.
I have excavated your existence from a concrete floor in the
out-house of my mind wearing a stained dress
of Golden thread, with one desire to bring you home.
My acid fears and burning tears spilled on Naked ground,
my shattered heart still beating Blood as I drilled without a sound
the cracks they came a creaking as I was on my knees,
I felt the earth beneath me t'was then I heard you breathe.
With eyes as bright as spot-lights to search the living Dead!
I dug my fingers deep into this Room inside my head
Frantic was my tool of choice its all I have to offer
you are worth your 'wait' in gold like I know...No Other.
I saw your hand reach out to me I Grabbed it with my mouth-
my lips a grip... a Mothers 'tale' the gate-way past the hounds.
Not a word was spoken,
no praise or criticize
a mission just to clarify your unseen ultra-sound?
I looked at you this morning,
you studied me in quest
that begged the question who are you?
and why you quietly left
I'v never liked my shadow
for I was only two... when you escaped...but no one sees I found myself in you.
My words to you this new born day, are for eyes-and-ears alone
No matter what your purpose is your blessed that you were born.
I made my bed this evening, and lie in it I shall
no covers here but fearless needs, in the birth of life's canal.
Martina Moriarty's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Day Before You Came by Martina Moriarty )
- The different images in life, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- India To Vow, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- A Touch of Fall, Rhonda Trull
- AMISS, Gina Borrebach
- Geleefd, geliefd, verzonken, Madrason writer
- That coming Fall, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Set of Compromises, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- A Fundamental Fruit Of The Soul, Romella Kitchens
- Facebook (Haiku), Jesus James Llorico
- Lover Mother Lover, stephen ifill
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- How Attractive Are You, Shaun Shane
- Daffodil, Shaun Shane
- 06 Perpetual Optimism, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- 03 a love who's just like me, Shaun Shane
- what i am, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)