In your comfortable lap my soul weeping
to escape the bondage you have created
to trap me each moment.
I'm miserable in your love;
I'm really inside the depression,
want the azure sky
to inhale my liberty
which was long back destroyed by you.
I'm the creation of Him
Who has also made you.
what compelled you to frame one separate rule for me,
and what for I obey such rule? ? ?
I'm the person very much like you
have my own liberty and decision
I can also live a life just like you.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Decision. by sarojini pattayat )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(June 8, 1915 – November 19, 2011)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Are You Drinking?, Charles Bukowski
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- Alone With Everybody, Charles Bukowski
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Sketch, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- A Dream Of Death, Luo Zhihai
- Why Life?, Sandra Feldman
- Adrenaline, Raihana Abdul Jabbar
- What was this feeling?, Sergio Jaime
- MERI PRAKRATI, Gunjan Panchal
- There Are So Many Things I Can Still Do, Shalom Freedman
- Heedless, Jubril Balogun
- Missing You, Michael P. McParland
- Against my empty soul, Bee Kilpatrick
- Which One Do I Choose?, Julie Johnson