Lawrence S. Pertillar
The Doing Of This You Refuse
Does taking chances increase one's advantage,
To enhance the advancing of maturity?
And does one like this learn to identify quicker,
The making of mistakes to eliminate them made?
Without being afraid to confess and say it?
With those who also can relate this as a 'normal' phase.
Although few will publicly admit to this these days.
Or do those mature place themselves in a position,
To endure a lifetime of opposition...
From those who have yet expressed an ability,
To leave and let go of their childish ways...
As a process of living life?
With this, hopefully, one day...
To become accepted to be comprehended AND understood.
Will it ever be a possibility for all to witness as observed,
That being responsible for actions done...
Will not chastise those who accept being accountable,
With a facing of their consequences and refusing from them...
Not to run with a deserving of respect that comes.
Or will they like so many become labelled as fools,
By those who choose immaturity over truth.
'So what are you saying?
The majority of us are a bunch of kids? '
I didn't say that.
Nor do I have to.
Your actions do.
With a proving of it.
And not only from my point of view,
The doing of this you refuse to see continues.
Have you listened to your own excuses?
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Doing Of This You Refuse by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(7 October 1948 -)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- गोसोखौ बुरखायो, Ronjoy Brahma
- Banging, Casey Renee Kiser
- New Birth, Paul Sebastian
- First Encounter - Tan Sri Clement Hii, john tiong chunghoo
- I Chose To Mickey With The Mouse, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Honey-Bee Lover, Paul Sebastian
- How real is This Truth?, michael walkerjohn
- What Bhagavad Gita is not, Bashyam Narayanan
- Sold, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Pain, Pain Knows No Race, Hebert Logerie