Lawrence S. Pertillar
The Doing Of This You Refuse
Does taking chances increase one's advantage,
To enhance the advancing of maturity?
And does one like this learn to identify quicker,
The making of mistakes to eliminate them made?
Without being afraid to confess and say it?
With those who also can relate this as a 'normal' phase.
Although few will publicly admit to this these days.
Or do those mature place themselves in a position,
To endure a lifetime of opposition...
From those who have yet expressed an ability,
To leave and let go of their childish ways...
As a process of living life?
With this, hopefully, one day...
To become accepted to be comprehended AND understood.
Will it ever be a possibility for all to witness as observed,
That being responsible for actions done...
Will not chastise those who accept being accountable,
With a facing of their consequences and refusing from them...
Not to run with a deserving of respect that comes.
Or will they like so many become labelled as fools,
By those who choose immaturity over truth.
'So what are you saying?
The majority of us are a bunch of kids? '
I didn't say that.
Nor do I have to.
Your actions do.
With a proving of it.
And not only from my point of view,
The doing of this you refuse to see continues.
Have you listened to your own excuses?
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Doing Of This You Refuse by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- 'What's Wrong With Her? ', nikka mee farillon
- Emotions Kept Inside, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Yehi Karna Hay to Insan Banata Keyun Hay, Akhtar Jawad
- Golden Dreams, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Wind shall blow, hasmukh amathalal
- Turn to flower, hasmukh amathalal
- PH: Life: Growing Up, La! * - Chapter3 (.., Brian Johnston
- Mind Over Matter, david kush
- Don't do anything in a bigger way than t.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Let poetry excel, hasmukh amathalal