The empty box
I feel like talking to an empty box that won't answer
an empty box that will only let me hear...
my empty words...
I feel like talking to an empty box I know won't listen
to part with no good byes
I feel like crying in your shoulder
to hold you tight and don't let go...
as it seems to be
in my dreams
with no pain
nor with screams
nothing that seems to be
out of life,
filled with pride
where the box... is no more
but I hear, your sweet voice
just like music in my ear
in my thoughts
in my heart
and we'll flee...you and me
to a place...
in my dreams.
Lilly Solares's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The empty box by Lilly Solares )
- One glass one heart, Abdullah alHemaidy
- ABOUT ABELA, Terry Collett
- Autumn Leave, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Roses, Jerusha Melanie
- Circumstances and I, gajanan mishra
- sleep tight in Idaho tonight, Mandolyn ...
- Beauty of the world is ruined, Jerusha Melanie
- Clean and cleanliness, gajanan mishra
- Holding You Tight, Michael McParland
- I'm bored with it all., gulsher JOHN
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Alone, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)