The Empty Sky
The scarlet rosy moon hangs over the escarpment
of the purple rinsed mountains
as if it was painted in the sky
and over the villa the stars glisten and glimmer
as if they are diamond dust.
The night is filled with expectation.
Jasmine perfumed air rushes through the window
and the night is warm and destined for something great.
Amber light flickers from the candle
in the big lounge of the villa.
An acoustic guitar is playing
and a flamingo dancer is dancing
in the corner of the room.
The scarlet dress lifts high up
and folds and falls between her legs
as the rhythm of the castanets mingle
with the sound of the guitar
and with her feet she stamps out the rhythm,
her black hair sways around her
and while the music transforms the atmosphere
she becomes the night.
Her perfume fills the room like jasmine and roses,
her eyes glisten like the amber of the candle light
while the scarlet moon and scarlet dress becomes one,
interwoven with the rhythm of the night
and nobody notices that the sky is empty
while the only thing that is heard
is the rhythm of the castanets and the guitar,
the feet dancing on the floor.
Daleen Enslinstrydom's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Empty Sky by Daleen Enslinstrydom )
- Only witness, gajanan mishra
- My Life, Ivan Christabel Prashant
- 수원 ANMA☞０１０▼５９３３▼０４３７☜수원 ANMA, zczx zxczxc
- Dreams, Daisy Pereira
- Beauty of Care, Rohit Sapra
- 수원 ANMA MASSAJE ♠♠010 ５９４６ ０３７７♠♠수원[수원] .., zczx zxczxc
- 수원[수원] ANMA수원[수원] AN, zczx zxczxc
- A Spray of Water: Tanka [one narcissus], Chimako Tada
- And water lies plainly, Laurie Sheck
- Three Little Words, Adam Wilson
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)