Leslie Philibert (6th March 1954 / London, England)
a river full of dead pigs
a burning moon
a child squatting in mud
was that it then, just that?
no trace of birth
or a cold tuber that might
seek helplessly your hands
wet with drops from a rusty tap
fingernails dark and underlined
that follow the trace of a fleeing star
an escape into the big black
over the wall, over the wall
Poet Other Poems
- (the end)
- A Bavarian Winter
- A Better World
- A Blind Man Looks At The Sea
- A Buried Man
- A Cup of Tea After Dad`s Death
- A Dry-Stone Wall Near Coleraine (for Sea...
- A Funeral in Winter
- A Lifting Of Birds
- A Murdered Girl Sleeps Next To The Motor...
- A New Footnote To Howl
- A Night On A Beach (translated and adapt...
- A Short Primer of Stones
- A Summer Poem
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.