A Better World
China will be declared part of the Peoples Republic of Tibet;
Somalia will send food parcels to the Swiss and the Mexicans will build
a fence to prevent illegal immigration from the United States. There
will be a Queen in Saudi-Arabia and Pussy Riot will be elected to
the Duma. The Taliban will build a church in Kabul and invite the Pope
and his wife to open it. Fast food will slow down, the Israelis will
paint their nuclear weapons gay pink and ship them to Iran.
North Korea will be renamed Happyville.North Africa will accept refugees
from Europe and a clown will become President of the World Bank.
All children will get the right to vote.
Facebook will discover that friends are real people, my sons might understand that my car needs petrol, and my wife might even stop
And if you thought that poetry can`t change anything, you are right.
But it`s worth a try, isn`t it?
Leslie Philibert's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Better World by Leslie Philibert )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- an ailing wind, RIC S. BASTASA
- mistaken......, RIC S. BASTASA
- All I'm Looking For, Angel Gibbs
- To You, With Love, Fareez Nasir
- For smooth sailing, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Genuine respect, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Let go of my wrist!, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- A sweet dream..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- She is I, Shweta Nair
- Poetic Sleeping Habits ~there are none, LUVinThe NOW