The English Teacher
While there is the occasional teaching of something of value,
Of these somethings, there are very few.
Time is spent on things like poetry and plays
Instead of something that might be useful in later days.
Continuing to enjoy reading while students begin to lose
The attention span that they require to continue the ruse.
Sometimes doubting that the material is really needed,
The futile work continues unimpeded.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The English Teacher by David Myers )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Whereabouts, B.. Alexander
- you're tall enough to ride this ride, Mandolyn ...
- Acrostic, Cheryl Griffith
- Heart, Sello Matsepe
- It Feels So Far Away This Evening..., B.. Alexander
- Neophytic Gay-Blade, Richard Thripp
- Rebel, Nassy Fesharaki
- Your Organ Donor Card, Richard Thripp
- Floating Feathers, Ronald Chapman
- I LOOK FOR NEW FACES ابحث عن وجوه جديدة, MOHAMMAD SKATI