You can't fool me with your body language
You can't fool me with your lies
You can't fool me with that confidence
I can see the real you through your eyes.
I see there is more than you let on
I see there is more than you advise
I see there is more than your veneer
I can see there is more through your eyes.
I see a women with confused identity
I see a women who has died
I see a women crying out for significance
I can see it all thorough your eyes.
You wish you were a person who is someone else
You wish you could win affirmation's prize
You wish you knew the answer to 'what is truth'
I can see the pain in your eyes.
But I see a women with beauty within
But I see a women who is lithe
But I see a women luminous
But I see it despite the eyes.
Peter Hall's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Eyes by Peter Hall )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- Mark Strand
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Northern Lights, Angela Wybrow
- Beyond Internal Horizons, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Beautiful Days, Michael P. McParland
- Beautiful, Michael P. McParland
- Back To Bed, Michael P. McParland
- Awake, Michael P. McParland
- As Long As You, Michael P. McParland
- Are You There 2?, Michael P. McParland
- Are You There?, Michael P. McParland
- About Love, Sandra Feldman