Edward Kofi Louis
The First Born
The king'd calley,
The queen's valley,
With the muse of life;
And like a son coming out from your own body,
The first born from the fruit of your love.
Task, ask, mask, bask!
To the kings od the nations and,
To the queens of the nations;
Ruling over others in life's own choices.
Lest, safest, best, fest, guest, crest, rest, west, jest, test, vest, nest, pest, quest, zest!
Like the muse of a skilful craftsman;
With the muse of the smell of the roses of love.
Rare, bare, ware, care, pare, dare, hare, mare, spare, are, fare, stare, tare!
To know you from left and right in this world;
With the muse of works and love resting on many people who do learn from you.
Visible and invisible!
I now rejoice in my suffering in this land with you;
But, beware of the dogs! !
And, beware of concisions.
The first born,
Like a sweet-smelling aroma of love to your lovely heart;
With life under the ways of the truth guided by the laws,
And like citizens of the heavens.
Edward Kofi Louis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The First Born by Edward Kofi Louis )
- comets wait for us, because we're sort o.., Mandolyn ...
- Racers, Nassy Fesharaki
- In the memory of Faez, Nassy Fesharaki
- I Turned on the News Today, Vera Sidhwa
- From A Son To His Divine Mother(Saroda), Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Of the Depression, Javed Latoo
- Blue Eyes, Ronald Chapman
- A Tiny Plant, Manira Khan
- Pure femininity, Erato
- A Man's Oft-hidden Tears, Maurice Harris
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns