Edward J. Costello
The Flag of Courage
I am the flag of courage
so carry me with pride.
I shall make the final statement
to the moment when you tried.
There are many coloured ribbons
for the deeds that are done.
Many are the medals
for the battles that are won.
None greater than the flag of truth
that you are asked to bear.
May those who stand beside you
take pride in what they share.
Let faith and honour hold me
to the courage of your name.
And I will go forth boldly
your courage to proclaim.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Flag of Courage by Edward J. Costello )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- How a knowledgeable person should behave.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Ups and down, hasmukh amathalal
- Warm-Hearted Hospitality, Terence G. Craddock
- R U hurting, Gregory Kelley
- Hospitality Professional Courtesy, Terence G. Craddock
- What my heart says, Gregory Kelley
- More, douglas scotney
- To the Apple Green, Peach Blossomed Skie.., mary douglas
- Qoute # 5, Is It Poetry
- The Impolite Proprietress, Terence G. Craddock