The Garden of Reality
In the garden of reality
the roses do not have a fragrance.
And the sky is not always blue.
The grass is not always greener.
But the lies
are always true.
The sunshine doesn't always radiate warmth.
And there's always a chill in the air.
Not everyone is friendly
is not always fair.
T.J. Daniels's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Garden of Reality by T.J. Daniels )
- PH: Love: Can You?, Brian Johnston
- Their faces وجوههم, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Blessings I Received, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Hiking Limerick, Mr. Spock
- Ferguson?, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Winter Sky, Spiritwind Wood
- I Want to Sing with Willie, Kim Barney
- Psalm 075, Forrest Hainline
- My Mother's Memory, Jessica Gabanyic
- 20 meters from the river Bollin, Mark Heathcote
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)