The Grim(ish) Reaper!
Throughout your life I'll keep tapping you on the shoulder,
I'll either get you when you're young
Or I'll get you when you're older,
For I am death
And you're supposed to fear me,
But I'll let you into a little secret,
(My bark is louder than my bite) if you come near me.
Cos once I've bitten and the lights go out,
There's no turning back and you won't feel nowt!
So don't be afraid when your life is finished,
You'll be cool as a cucumber with your fears diminished,
You won't feel hot and you won't feel cold,
In fact you won't feel anything if truth be told!
You'll be free of pressure and free of strife,
So just try and enjoy the after life!
Nick Jordan.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Grim(ish) Reaper! by Nick Jordan. )
- Psalm CXXXVII, Henry Ainsworth
- Thief, Pijush Biswas
- I Am playing, gajanan mishra
- Everyday Is a TEST, Enoch Owusu Gyamfi
- One Of These Pure Days, Naveed Akram
- Deepavali, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Psalm CVII, Henry Ainsworth
- Even in strife, hasmukh amathalal
- ! DESECRATED POEMS/FLOATING HYPERLINK IN.., Alice Vedral Rivera
- In the midst of ruin there is reparation, Mark Heathcote
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)