The Grim(ish) Reaper!
Throughout your life I'll keep tapping you on the shoulder,
I'll either get you when you're young
Or I'll get you when you're older,
For I am death
And you're supposed to fear me,
But I'll let you into a little secret,
(My bark is louder than my bite) if you come near me.
Cos once I've bitten and the lights go out,
There's no turning back and you won't feel nowt!
So don't be afraid when your life is finished,
You'll be cool as a cucumber with your fears diminished,
You won't feel hot and you won't feel cold,
In fact you won't feel anything if truth be told!
You'll be free of pressure and free of strife,
So just try and enjoy the after life!
Nick Jordan.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Grim(ish) Reaper! by Nick Jordan. )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -28, Ronjoy Brahma
- can someone pass the pistol?, Mandolyn Davidson
- Aqua Flower, The Princess
- Hostility Or Hospitality?, Terence G. Craddock
- my spine is a jerk, Mandolyn Davidson
- Welcoming Guests And Strangers, Terence G. Craddock
- How a knowledgeable person should behave.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Ups and down, hasmukh amathalal
- Warm-Hearted Hospitality, Terence G. Craddock
- R U hurting, Gregory Kelley