The ritual evanesced when we observed it,
The ritual completed when our lice grew.
The head was full of lice, I hear them and saw each of them,
Restraining the children with feet, the arms also.
Inexorable lice swayed in the hair of our heads
Until the ritual was entire.
What is this ritual?
The ritual is of the dressing of hair,
Or the cutting of hair by the hairdresser.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Hair by Naveed Akram )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- As It Looks To The Boy, Edgar Albert Guest
- General Pershing, Edgar Albert Guest
- Thoughts Of A Soldier, Edgar Albert Guest
- To A Lady Knitting, Edgar Albert Guest
- Bob White, Edgar Albert Guest
- Cashier's Dream; The Hunt, Keith Taylor
- Scathe, tolu ogundare
- Brothers All, Edgar Albert Guest
- Nothing To Laugh At, Edgar Albert Guest
- All about me Ma!, Damian Murphy