THE HORROR OF THE STORM
AS WE LAY IN OUR BUNKERS THE SOUND OF THE ARTILLERY ROLLED LIKE THUNDER ON A SUMMERS DAY AS THE BULLETS HIT THE GROUND AROUND US IT SOUNDS AS THE SUMMER RAIN. ALTHOUGH WE WERE TOGETHER WE EACH WERE ALONE IN THE HORROR OF THE STORM.
WE WERE YOUNG AND SET WITH DETERMINATION ON GETTING THE JOB DONE ME AND MY RIFLE WE ARE THE DEFENDERS OF OUR COUNTRY AND TO THE REPRESSED. WE WENT WITH OUT QUESTION TO DO ARE BEST WITH NO FEAR IN THAT FOG ALONE IN THE HORROR OF THE STORM.
AS THE PLANES ROARED ABOVE US IT GAVE US HOPE IN THAT HOUR OF BEING ALONE. WITH THE PASSING OF EACH DAY WE ALL KNEW WE HAD PAID THE COST. ALONE IN THE HORROR OF THE STORM.
KNOWING THE END OF THE STORM IS COMING NEAR MANY BRAVE BROTHERS STAND WATCH OVER US FROM ABOVE. THEIR MEMORIES FOREVER WILL BE WITH US AS WE STAND ALONE IN THE HORROR OF THE STORM.
ALL WE ASK OF YOU OUR GREAT NATION IS NOT TO FORGET OUR BROTHERS WHO ARE FOR EVER LOST IN THE HORROR OF THE STORM.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (THE HORROR OF THE STORM by John Elder )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Best Friend (In Hindi), Tavneet Singh
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- How Do I Love Thee?, Elizabeth Barrett Browning
Poem of the Day
- Ain't Try'n Deny'n, Steve Kittell
- You is Me, Mapung Madura
- Legendary Nostradamus Prophet, lee fones
- Thomas' Impossible Escape, Susan Wetmore
- Business-like, gajanan mishra
- Why Poetry Is Beautiful, Leong Ming Loong
- Blood Bath, Suresh Dogra
- Her Yes, Suresh Dogra
- Schools place of transformation., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- I love the poet for ever, gajanan mishra