The Hot Seat
Twas a saturday morning,
The weather was cool
Yet we were sweating,
Our eyes rolling 360
In 360 seconds.
All in, all seated,
Twasn't do or die,
But jamb or be jambed!
The room so quiet
I could hear
The grinding of groundnut
In the man in front's mouth,
With hot 'bolli' beside,
He surely added to our hunger.
Like he could jamb the jamb,
He stared vividly at us,
No chance to giraffe.
A century questions more,
Of buttocks on the chair.
Not do or die,
But wait another year!
Mini-mani-mor in action,
Ten minutes more!
Sweating profusely, pen chewed,
Two questions left,
Two minutes more!
Suddenly! The answers fly in!
I'm I to start again?
Toheeb Tiamiyu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Hot Seat by Toheeb Tiamiyu )
(22 March 1941 -)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Taking Off Emily Dickinson's Clothes, Billy Collins
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Two Green Points: Art Print by Wassily K.., Frank Avon
- Winter Twilight Haiku, Chenou Liu
- The Season of His Birth, Frank Avon
- The Man Who Cut His Left Leg, Sergi Dutronc
- Back agin, Rodney R. Cooper
- Science Vs Spirituality, Tushar Ray
- Everlasting silence, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- all the sun does is stare at my faults, Mandolyn ...
- If I seem, Rodney R. Cooper
- Mojo, Morgan Michaels