Lonely are her days for years,
yet with tenderness, love and joy of tears,
She works for her family who are so dear,
Sometimes taken for granted, is her fear,
but she waits for the time for her dear,
to come back home and get near.
She feeds them with delicious food,
as often are admired for being so tastefull.
She plays several roles, call it wonderfull,
for she is a wife,
who is a better part of her spouse's life.
for she is a mother,
cuddles her children when in fear,
For she is a teacher,
eager are the ears to listen to that preacher.
Being a housewife is a job indeed,
noble is her work, without any greed.
for her in-laws she is always a pride,
for being such a wonderful housewife.
Deepak Calyampoondi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The housewife by Deepak Calyampoondi )
- Always, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- The condition again, hasmukh amathalal
- Oatmeal Omelet, Von Kimball Barney
- The condition, hasmukh amathalal
- Reason, Elia Michael
- Autumn Again But, Nassy Fesharaki
- He Was Leaving, Neela Nath
- Symphony, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- The hunter's trap - By POET Yaser Nadeem.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- As passimist, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)