Lonely are her days for years,
yet with tenderness, love and joy of tears,
She works for her family who are so dear,
Sometimes taken for granted, is her fear,
but she waits for the time for her dear,
to come back home and get near.
She feeds them with delicious food,
as often are admired for being so tastefull.
She plays several roles, call it wonderfull,
for she is a wife,
who is a better part of her spouse's life.
for she is a mother,
cuddles her children when in fear,
For she is a teacher,
eager are the ears to listen to that preacher.
Being a housewife is a job indeed,
noble is her work, without any greed.
for her in-laws she is always a pride,
for being such a wonderful housewife.
Deepak Calyampoondi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The housewife by Deepak Calyampoondi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- cry me a creek, not a river, Mandolyn Davidson
- Their Light, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Who Are All These Girls?, LUVinThe NOW
- My Hill, Jack Meads
- i wore it out, Mandolyn Davidson
- do you love this?, Mandolyn Davidson
- Verbal Abuse Of Controlling People, Lilly Emery
- Into the rain, Tom Squires
- Come, Come... ~~~Rumi, LUVinThe NOW
- missing the exit, Mandolyn Davidson