He prowls the night, the wanderer.
He stalks his prey, the shadow walker.
He strikes with a fury from hell itself, the monster.
His anger drives him, this anger is old yet lingers in him.
His mother left him, his father blamed him.
He can remember the fight his parents had.
The knife merged with his mother as his father pleaded with her.
Tears of sadness, tears of anger, blood of lost love.
He is a victim of his own childhood.
Now this anger subsides, until his urge to kill rises again.
This blood stained knife is more than a weapon, it is a memory.
A memory of a life he once knew, but nothing to him anymore.
He grasps the woman's neck, his strike is quick and deadly.
He is the hunter, his soul is the hunted.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Hunter by Joshua Perry )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- LEARNING FROM EXPERIENCE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- HUMBLE WISHES 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- LIES VS. TRUTH 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- REJOICE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Against My Will, Emmanuel George Cefai
- MONEY 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Sitting on the desk, Emmanuel George Cefai
- As in a dream, Emmanuel George Cefai
- EDUCATION 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- The night is heavy, Emmanuel George Cefai