Ace Of Black Hearts
The Immortal Crossing
Fire in the eyes.
A mind adsorbed in things, that are lost to space and time.
A day dream that isn't really a dream at all.
Absent of both fear or joy.
No, no wryly slight grin with a glint of foreboding emotion.
But this dull sensation of looking forward past the light and darkness.
Almost unhuman, unnatural is this feeling.
Yet the draw is something hard to put out of ones mind.
But it can be blocked with walls of iron and stone.
A gate of control, as if it is the raising and lowering of a very short draw bridge.
Enter only you are not absent in heart, mind, and soul.
For the material existence of things has very little importance here.
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Immortal Crossing by Ace Of Black Hearts )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Turn to flower, hasmukh amathalal
- PH: Life: Growing Up, La! * - Chapter3 (.., Brian Johnston
- Mind Over Matter, david kush
- Don't do anything in a bigger way than t.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Let poetry excel, hasmukh amathalal
- Mama's Black Breast, Ozioma Anieto
- Big bee, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- She, Anil Karki
- We, the great family, Anil Karki
- My Problem With Words, Valsa George