Is It Poetry
Returned from whence I found you growing up.
Down by the sea,
I sit alone to ponder atop a large wave that wanders back and forth.
Evolution here has passed us by.
Ships their timbers, ribs exposed to all.
She is a fiend, a friend to all but me to have, I know.
A promise made I can't except because.
No trees a bush I was a man before, I was a boy to her.
A promise made to you was never kept.
Down by the sea,
our faith was never kept, down by the sea I dreampt.
Instantly fatal it was hard and not an antidote.
I found you growing up, we turned and went that way.
Is It Poetry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Infinite by Is It Poetry )
(1895 - 1985)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Remember, Christina Georgina Rossetti
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- It's Nothing, Kevin John Racaza
- Twilight on the Beach, Mary Dow Brine
- My, TheSilent Loudness
- Duplicate Indian Egnlish Poets, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Don't Worry, You Have Me, Kevin John Racaza
- The Beach Of Shells, Edward Shanks
- New Bloom..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Ten Years After Tsunami 2004, Umasree Raghunath
- A Little Air, Kevin John Racaza
- जिद्द............., sanjay kumar maurya