The Kiss of Death
It was a party...
and I was drunk...
We were dancing the Dance of the Dead
And you came to me
Like a demon
Like a satanic soul
You came to me
Your tongue was speaking a language of the damned
Your eyes were shining in the total dark
Your body was getting closer and closer to me
and i was feeling dizzy....
Smoke, wine, smoke...
laughs, words, smiles...
those eyes were tearing my flesh...
I needed to feel your hands on my skin
The chaos around us...
The chaos inside me...
Oh, how much i wanted you...
You came to me...
and it felt like you were ready...
ready to take my life away from me...
ready to take me away from my heaven...
and I was ready for this...
The kiss of death...
so deadly, so beautiful...
i want it again to kill me and reborn me,
in another place...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Kiss of Death by anastasia k.t )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1923 - 1998)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
- Every Time I Kiss You, Nizar Qabbani
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- Collision Course, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Christmas This Year, Khalid Saifullah
- 'a new -but -not- very -old poetry of on.., Nyein Way
- Joy and Peace in Believing, Luo Zhihai
- My True Love Is Art, Rohit Sapra
- O God, gajanan mishra
- Art or no art, hasmukh amathalal
- Seizoenen kwijt, Madrason writer
- Mighty Ocean, Zoila T. Flores
- Words left unsaid, Yisel Chong