The kith and the kin.
Kith and kin are the wall
I keep drawing my image on.
Kith and kin are the army
I build to show them as my strength.
Kith and kin are the scale
With which I scale me against them.
Kith and kin are the yard
Where I weed off the useless ones.
As a part of kith and kin,
I serve them like that as well.
Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The kith and the kin. by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar. )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
Sheldon Allan Silverstein
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 October 1938)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Night Thought, William Wordsworth
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Self Pride, Katherine Perry
- Father, hafiz qasim
- who stole my thunder, Cee Bea
- The Poet in Crossroad, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Communists Turn Autocratic and Dictatorial, Bijay Kant Dubey
- what to say, Cee Bea
- Children, hafiz qasim
- Northland Autumn, Luo Zhihai
- Jayprakash's Black-mouthed Hanumans, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Smolt-flour, Stratis Havarti