I look at the smooth and slow flowing water. I wonder what it would be like to move forward and never look back. Or never stay or be in the same place twice.
I can stand there for hours just to watch the water and to hear the water.
I see my reflection.
As I watch my reflection in the water I see my sad expression and wonder if the water can see me.
I run my fingers through the water.
I see many ripples appear as if the water is flinching from the pain I'm causing it.
I wonder if the water can feel me.........feel my pain.
I wish I could float on the water and let it carry me anywhere and everywhere it goes.
I step into the water. I feel the coolness of the water and I start to shiver.
I feel my body relaxing,
I feel my heart go from racing to freefalling.
I concentrate on the sunny and blue sky.
I start to float.
I feel the water pass by me
I realize that nothing in the world can take away this feeling..........The feeling of me happy.
James Rektor's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The lake by James Rektor )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Sean, Katty Briones
- The Bath Tub is Optional, Deborah DeNicola
- Moments When I Think I Still Love You, Katty Briones
- Paper Fan, Deborah DeNicola
- Librarians, Bijay Kant Dubey
- This Morning From the Porch, Deborah DeNicola
- Gauguin's Red, Deborah DeNicola
- Coffee After Dark, Michael Mira
- The Tree at Casa Cara, Deborah DeNicola
- Shattered Glass Windows, Michael Mira