The Last Goodbye
It's been years since
you went away.
I knew you were going
but wanted you to stay.
I couldn't keep you
when your body tired.
My heart didn't stop
when yours retired.
I sat with you
for what seemed forever.
I just thought of you
and our life together.
The laughter we shared
in our short days
Could not return to me
in all the pain.
The time has past
and your not here.
My life is returning
in and out of tears.
I remember the good
this I promise is true.
Life moves forward
I just wish with you.
This, my final goodbye
til we meet again.
You are not forgotten
my best friend.
Some Girl's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Last Goodbye by Some Girl )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- Queen Patrenialla - Part Three Continued, QueenPatrenia Turner, Royalt ..
- con man, lee fones
- I love Winter, but it's cruel احب الشتاء.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- And so we go on, Gina Borrebach
- Baby if this is love, Dorsey Baker
- Queen Patrenialla - Part 2 Continued, QueenPatrenia Turner, Royalt ..
- Mayling, Arno Le Roux
- Naming Our Wall, Arno Le Roux
- Oh Beautiful Arkansas, Dorsey Baker
- Those one thousand miles, MOHAMMAD SKATI