The Last One
I want your hands to be the last ones I hold.
I want your face to be the last one I see.
I want your arms to be the last ones that hug me.
I want your voice to be the last one I hear.
I want your eyes to be the last ones I look at.
I want your heart to be the last one that I feel.
I want your tears to be the last ones I notice.
I want your lips to be the last ones to kiss me.
I want you to be the last one that sings to me.
I want you to be the last one that tells me I’m beautiful.
I want you to be the last one that says “I’m going to miss you'.
I want you to be the last one to say “I love you”.
I want you to be the last one...
ADAM OWENS's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Last One by ADAM OWENS )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Quotation # 5, saint cynosure ( Ken Bennigh ..
- Control, Robert Plese
- Time is your worst enemy, Leong Ming Loong
- Price, Nassy Fesharaki
- Fuck You, Michael Webb
- The marvelous designer., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Stories We Tell Ourselves, Michael Mira
- The catastrophe., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Peace One Day, Lyn Paul
- 'THE INFANT'S WAIL', Princewill Umunnakwe