The Last War
I came to join a 'Peace Force,
To stop fighting, murder, war.
But now the war has started,
The 'Peace Force' is no more.
The fighting goes on - forever,
The murder has no because,
Just who wanted this stupid war?
I'd like life the way it was.
The way life was before the Bomb,
Before they slaughtered earth.
Before they killed the human race,
What was it really worth.
The generals in their office,
(Now floating round in space) !
Shake each others hands,
And put on a brave face.
Tiny peices of rock float by,
They used to be our world.
Now everything we loved is destroyed,
But the generals say we won.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Last War by Christine Andrews )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- New Migration Equilibriums Time Shift Es.., Terence G. Craddock
- bonnie to your clyde, Mandolyn ...
- Purpose Of Life!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Corridors, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- My Forever Crying Angel, Vlad Mutuleanu
- ThankYou!, Geetha Jayakumar
- let the wild rumpus start!, Mandolyn ...
- Day 28 of July 2014, Erica Borges
- Keep on the Sunny Side, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Switches …… [NOT just for electrician.., Bri Edwards