'The Leaden-Eyed' by Vachel Lindsey
Let not young souls be smothered out before
They do quaint deeds and fully flaunt their pride.
It is the world's one crime its babes grow dull,
Its poor are ox-like, limp and leaden-eyed.
Not that they starve; but starve so dreamlessly,
Not that they sow, but that they seldom reap,
Not that they serve, but have no gods to serve,
Not that they die, but that they die like sheep.
Courtesy: Marycharles Meserve
Sadiqullah Khan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Seeds of Solidarity: SF's Gaza Freedom March
@ Pull The Root, Plant the Seed TOWARDS A MORE JUST, PEACEFUL, RATIONAL, & SUSTAINABLE WORLD
Comments about this poem ('The Leaden-Eyed' by Vachel Lindsey by Sadiqullah Khan )
- As major, hasmukh amathalal
- Erotic haiku, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Open it happily, hasmukh amathalal
- Footless though, gajanan mishra
- One reason, hasmukh amathalal
- Erotic Cup, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- I Want To Play All Day and..., Monk E. Biz
- Every Poem Reveals Another Kind Of Sadness, Shalom Freedman
- Gramophone- Erotic Haiku Poetry, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Dangerous Attraction, Sandra Feldman