James Whitcomb Riley
The Legend Glorified
'I deem that God is not disquieted'--
This in a mighty poet's rhymes I read;
And blazoned so forever doth abide
Within my soul the legend glorified.
Though awful tempests thunder overhead,
I deem that God is not disquieted,--
The faith that trembles somewhat yet is sure
Through storm and darkness of a way secure.
Bleak winters, when the naked spirit hears
The break of hearts, through stinging sleet of tears,
I deem that God is not disquieted;
Against all stresses am I clothed and fed.
Nay, even with fixed eyes and broken breath,
My feet dip down into the tides of death,
Nor any friend be left, nor prayer be said,
I deem that God is not disquieted.
James Whitcomb Riley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Legend Glorified by James Whitcomb Riley )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Calamity And Vanity, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- is Special Lust Your Addiction?, LUVinThe NOW
- Never feel shy, hasmukh amathalal
- I LOVE YOU, Now, Let's Take Out The I an.., LUVinThe NOW
- Keep faith, hasmukh amathalal
- open fire on me, Marco Angelo
- Fall on death, hasmukh amathalal
- BECAUSE OF YOU, Colin Ian Jeffery
- Not that heavy words...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- The return of the sea's hero, Ellias Anderson C.A ( Known ..