The Lily Leaf...
Walkin once along the riverbank...
I saw a child dreaming at the window.
I fell in love not for her elaborate house
On the banks of Pasig River.
But for a Lily leaf she has let fall
Into the water.
I am in love with the east breeze.
Not that she brings the scent of the flowering
of mangoes on Eastern Hill;
But that she has drifted the Lily leaf
into the riverbank.
I am in love with the Lily leaf.
Not that she speaks of green spring
Coming to us again;
But that the dreaming girl
Pricked there a name with her embroidery needle,
And the name is mine.
Rey Sanidad's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Lily Leaf... by Rey Sanidad )
- Hi..Hello., Lee eqkkjaf990
- dfbdfbf, fbfdb xcvsdv
- 안 녕 하 세 2.., Lee eqkkjaf990
- Hurt, Phil Soar
- no better reason, shakti bhardwaj
- This is my first poem, Lee eqkkjaf990
- Pear, appear!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Cuckoo, Phil Soar
- With The Joy Of Your Heart II, Edward Kofi Louis
- It's raining and pouring..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)