The Lizard Song
Stop calling yourself a Hero yet am here to call you that!
Stop preaching well about self yet it’s my work to deem it honor about you.
Pretend not knowing self because here I am to do so.
Look, I am a servant,
A mere servant I guess.
Look, I am bleeding,
No one to cry for,
But many craving to me.
Is this so because I am a servant?
Ooh no, I have no idea.
ckim mbasa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Lizard Song by ckim mbasa )
- So Into Grief, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- What's The Use?, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Little Taquerias, Gouda Moon
- She's a Taxicab, Gouda Moon
- Fire-Flies, Saheb Mohapatra
- honneur, xxx xxx
- Take a bit less, gajanan mishra
- Right To Die, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Block them, hasmukh amathalal
- Milk and wine, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)