The Lord Is Risen
I stood alone upon a hill,
The day was dark and very still.
Our dearest Lord has died for me
Upon the Cross at Calvary.
Not just for me, but others too
Who loved him with a love so true.
For sinners who would break his heart,
He played his final role, his part,
Now suddenly the day grew bright,
The hill was filled with heavenly light.
A joyous feeling filled my breast,
Our Lord no longer lay at rest.
My heart felt glad, no longer grey,
For on this Happy Easter Day
I met him with a loud "Amen"
Our dear Lord had risen again.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Lord Is Risen by Janet Short-Windsor )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Difference, hasmukh amathalal
- Own earth own life, gajanan mishra
- My Girl, Dasia Deas
- Silent Messages, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- the old man is bitten, RIC S. BASTASA
- ....and then an empty morning sky, RIC S. BASTASA
- Magnitude Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- At present, hasmukh amathalal
- and then the night swallows her includin.., RIC S. BASTASA
- Cupid Pari, binod bastola