The Magic of the Breeze – 33 I Was Sad Today
I was sad today
Waiting for you
With no answering call
I was scared today
I thought –Oh! So many things!
The late afternoon was still and hot
With no cool breeze to soothe
I walked past my home and beyond
I kept walking on I did not know
Why you did not call?
Or how far I’d gone
No messages from you, no “Hi”
Am I calling you more often?
What is this place suddenly I look
Am I disturbing you when I call?
I am confused and disturbed
The breeze it wafts in softly
With the setting of the sun
Or do you long for me too and
My fears all uncalled for!
Angelina Pandian's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Magic of the Breeze – 33 I Was Sad Today by Angelina Pandian )
- 'तस्वीर', Rahul Vyas
- दंङ आंहा कलम गंसे, Ronjoy Brahma
- Men are sexually cruel., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Decrepit, Adam Ruudiina
- NEELA NATH Opulent Poetess Extraordinair.., Mr. Nobody Nothing
- Not with tears, hasmukh amathalal
- Laziness, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Dreams or Dust?, Adam Ruudiina
- Shut up for good, gajanan mishra
- The Enemy, Jose Orozco
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 March 1926 – 25 July 1966)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)