The Magic of the Breeze – 33 I Was Sad Today
I was sad today
Waiting for you
With no answering call
I was scared today
I thought –Oh! So many things!
The late afternoon was still and hot
With no cool breeze to soothe
I walked past my home and beyond
I kept walking on I did not know
Why you did not call?
Or how far I’d gone
No messages from you, no “Hi”
Am I calling you more often?
What is this place suddenly I look
Am I disturbing you when I call?
I am confused and disturbed
The breeze it wafts in softly
With the setting of the sun
Or do you long for me too and
My fears all uncalled for!
Angelina Pandian's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Magic of the Breeze – 33 I Was Sad Today by Angelina Pandian )
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Jugnoo, Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- that smelly stuff that gets real and som.., Mandolyn ...
- The Rice Eaters, Tony Adah
- Epilogue, Lawrence Beck
- broken wing, Cee Bea
- Planet Control, Joseph Archer
- My Struggle, Michael P. McParland
- Nervous Wreck, Michael P. McParland
- Bäume, Wolfgang Steinmann
- Infinity Divided By Zero, Michael P. McParland
- Inner nightmare, iluneos periform