The Measure of A Man
What is the measure of a man?
Is it strength?
The ability to lead others down the right path?
The ability to inspire the seed of greatness in those who need encouragement?
If the aforementioned are measuring tools,
Then many live life as men.
Do you wear your love for God like shining armor?
Is the love of God resting upon and guiding you?
No one can question your strength, intelligence or leadership.
There are plaques, and championships to prove the ability to lead.
Measuring sticks the world uses to define a man.
What can’t be measured is the soul of a man.
A man’s soul is the inward interpretation of his outer shell.
May your soul catch fire.
The flames of decency, honor and integrity burning bright.
Bright enough to light the way
For hundreds of young men in the dark.
Bright enough to bring honor
To a world forever changed by your presence.
Bright enough to heat the souls of younger men you leave behind.
The true measure of a man is the legacy he leaves.
Be you husband, father, brother or friend,
Leave your torch burning brightly,
And we will never allow the flame to die.
As we are all warmed by the fire of a true Man.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Measure of A Man by Traquita Thomas )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Roses Are Red Violets Are Blue, Jennifer Alejandra
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Thoughts of her, Nick Kler
- A flaw, gajanan mishra
- Gaining status, Angell Afinowi
- The Freedom I Seek, Douglas ClearyMaxwell
- Stages of life, gajanan mishra
- Remmbering Guernica, John F. McCullagh
- Value, Carolyn Blackmon
- Tagore Song (#9) My freedom exist in da.., Tushar Ray
- What is Courage, Lewis Antonuk
- Full Attention, RoseAnn V. Shawiak