The Mermaidens' Vesper-Hymn
Troop home to silents grots and caves!
Troop home! And mimic as you go
The mournful winding of the waves
Which to their dark abysses flow!
At this sweet hour, all things beside
In amourous pairs to covert creep;
The swans that brush the evening tide
Homeward and snowy couples keep;
In his green den the murmuring seal
Close by his sleek companion lies;
While singly we to bedward steal,
And close in fruitless sleep our eyes.
In bowers of love men take their rest,
In loveless bowers we sigh alone!
With busom-friends are others blessed, -
But we have none! But we have none!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Mermaidens' Vesper-Hymn by George Darley )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Eagerly I want to go with you, Gert Strydom
- Prayer and Women, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Love is far more than just lust or desir.., Gert Strydom
- Lie To Me, Rouren Torres
- The Fight, Robert Melliard
- Paying Taxes, Randy McClave
- हांमा गोनां जिव, Bahadur Basumatary
- I Knew What You Knew, Vera Sidhwa
- Wearing the Flaws, Gerry Legister
- Three weeks with you., crystal ruth