the million dollar kiss
WHEN SHE SAW me; she made me feel that I was the most handsome man on this earth,
I felt as if God had cast his omnipotent eyes on me; granting my persona an impeccable status to survive.
When she talked to me; she made me feel that I was tangible and existing,
I felt as if God had whispered mystically in my dreams; making me imbibe the essence of life.
When she smiled at me; she made me feel that I was someone extra special,
I felt as if God had granted me reprieve from my plethora of sins; inundated my soul with loads of happiness.
When she ran her fingers through my hair; she made me feel that I was a messenger of love,
I felt as if God had blessed me with his sacrosanct palms; impregnated in my visage the tenacity to live and let live.
When she held my hands; she made me feel that I had a fortress to lean upon,
I felt as if God had endowed me with unsurpassable resilience; his shadow to seek solace in my times of bizarre distress.
When she fed me with ravishing food; she made me feel that I was never hungry,
I felt as if God had perpetually filled my stomach; stuffed it with the most sumptuous meal available in this world.
When she tickled me frivolously in my ribs; she made me feel the stupendous exultation of existence,
I felt as if God had returned me back my innocuous childhood; placed upon an immortal bed of dreams.
When she put me to sleep; she made me feel that I was blissfully breathing,
I felt as if God had exorbitantly rewarded me for my day; showering upon my dreary eyes the virtue of eternal rest.
And when she kissed me; she made me feel that I had infinite reasons to live,
I felt as if God had given me the greatest treasure of my life; made me the richest person in past and pragmatic present; to be alive.
Nikhil Parekh's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (the million dollar kiss by Nikhil Parekh )
- Fortunate enough, hasmukh amathalal
- To Bob Whelan on Discussing Pablo Neruda, Bill Grace
- Intense drive, hasmukh amathalal
- My totality, gajanan mishra
- The Other Side Of The Story, mary douglas
- Journey end, hasmukh amathalal
- Phantasies Only Relief, Numbing (me), Lonely Voyager
- Offer with promises, hasmukh amathalal
- Morning Triku XXV, Steve Kittell
- My Pencil, Steve Kittell
Poem of the Day
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Lesson, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(9 February 1944 -)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)