Dr John Celes
The Modern Trend of Things!
The modern world of children, men, women -
Enslaved by greed for wealth and luxury,
Engaged in a rat-race for authority,
Aims to subjugate neighbor and brethren!
All sense of values has been shown the door!
Missing is humaneness and compassion;
A beastly nature has become fashion;
The rich blood-suck the innocent and poor!
Man's conscience lies blunted, blindfolded;
Man's heart has turned like stone without feelings;
Man's mind is split and takes on virtual wings;
Man's body parts surreally, moulded!
The Master of the universe looks on
With awe and anger at His creation;
The freedom given has made each nation
Abominably sinful and war-torn.
The love of God has left the human heart;
The love of neighbor is a distant call;
Destructiveness has gained inroads in all;
Deception, sin and vice - a growing art!
How long can God his wrath and patience hold?
Did He give human beings long a rope?
Does mankind need the Maker's trust and hope?
Is it the end of God's patience and world?
Copyright by Dr John Celes 7-03-2013
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Modern Trend of Things! by Dr John Celes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- People of the Book, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Soul In Turmoil, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Public Limited Company Safety Catch, Terence G. Craddock
- Cry Tears (Secret Message Poem), Ronald Chapman
- I am married to the Muses, Hebert Logerie
- Limited Suffix Finances Warms Limited Li.., Terence G. Craddock
- Counting Sheep, Ronald Chapman
- Unprepared To Sit And Listen, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Athens Shall Burn For the 3rd Time, Joseph DeMarco
- Color Of Easter, RoseAnn V. Shawiak