The Mold I Am Made Of-
O yes, that's 'the mold I am made of''...
A candle, a grandeur
A moth is known by the flame
By beauty, a lover’s worth;
Rocky mountain, a single tree
The peaks rugged dry and green
Washed salts from the face
Drinking murky waters of the pond
Or from under the earth, crystal sweet.
Ah! The violence in me is dead
Violence in air, in love, violence
In battle, in hatred.
In eyes, on beating a drum
Violence in celebration,
The violent cuts of nature, behind
And under violent stones lie the dead.
Small shrunk evenings, long days
To the hedges, sheep run
Milk in the jars, rivers of blood;
A child points at the moon, barks a dog.
The rise is a sea-saw’s sliced wooden piece
We had a sunset’s longing
We were rising to drown in rain’s water.
Sadiqullah Khan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Mold I Am Made Of- by Sadiqullah Khan )
- No Time, Harold R Hunt Sr
- The Doctor Visit, Harold R Hunt Sr
- postponed until further -hey, i just not.., Mandolyn ...
- The elusive self., michael walker
- We Honor, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Why Do You Cry?, Harold R Hunt Sr
- read me like this, or don't read me at all, Mandolyn ...
- Love's Philosophical Potion, Lorraine Margueritte Gasrel ..
- Two Sisters, Harold R Hunt Sr
- My Bird, Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(8 August 1884 – 29 January 1933)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow