Not Long Left (17.05.1981 / The Molten Core)
there was once a beautiful butterfly,
it would flutter its perfectly patterned,
wings high in the blue open sky.
every other butterfly would cry out,
'how pretty you are'
and even from afar only he was seen,
delicately dancing in the breeze.
yet this poor butterfly was not at ease.
it was lonely for its beauty isolated it,
alone it would fly alone it would cry,
butterfly tears dropping down upon,
the jealous land below.
even with its beauty,
it was not happy,
and craved to return to its original self,
a catterpillar, anomonoyous and free
from natures vanity.
and so one day it flew away from
its little leaf,
to find the forest queen,
and enable its dream of exceptance
after many miles of blue sky,
the butterfly came to the forests queen tree,
after hearing the butterfly's plea,
the queen grantted its anomonity,
and the butterfly was free,
for it was now a catterpillar,
and as it crawled away,
a beetle said hello,
and a ant said hello,
and the catterpillar cried
catterplillar tears of happiness.
Poet Other Poems
- ........Reminiscing Autumn Love
- ....An Old Man Laments
- ....Clear skies
- ....To Destroy The Mockingbirds Nest
- ...Fishing With Hope
- ...Tear Down The Barriers And You May Fi...
- ...Twitching Offspring (a father's love)
- ..Sobriety is for the sensible and unsel...
- ..White Butterflies Are Black Reminders
- ./. I Could've Been A Poet
- .Beauty that binds, Thorns that defend.
- .Death Of An Uncle and The Melted Lego M...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.