The Most Important Thing On The 'To Do' List
I wish that life itself was easy
and the trials would one day subside,
I know that winning isn't everything
but God knows how much I've tried.
I feel that we deserve happiness
and contentment the final goal,
to love and be loved by others
can truly be what makes you whole.
So treasure those so dear to you
be thankful that they are there,
Someday too soon they may be gone
and there is no one left to care.
To feel the pains of loneliness
they can cut so very deep
They leave you lost in memory
and all you can do is weep.
Dee Corpolongo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Most Important Thing On The 'To Do' List by Dee Corpolongo )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- A Devil To Do A Deed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Walking On The Sea, Saiom Shriver
- Flying Snail, Saiom Shriver
- No Squealing, Saiom Shriver
- Sacred Cows, Saiom Shriver
- Make your Mothers Day, Damian Murphy
- Good Morning, Anuradha Bhattacharyya
- soon to be extinct.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- On the Bed of Death, Pintu Mahakul
- Solitary Meanings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak