THE NEXT THREE DAYS
Tonight Z was lamenting
about wanting to leave town.
We were drinking wine
at the kitchen table at his place
and he just wouldn’t stop.
When Sigrid came out of the bedroom,
after putting the baby in the crib,
she glared at him with weary eyes,
begging for silence. He talked
right through her eyes though. He
kept saying the next three days were
going to be murder, but didn’t explain
exactly why they’d be murder. He just
insisted and kept walking around the table
at though he were going somewhere.
Ronald Baatz's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (THE NEXT THREE DAYS by Ronald Baatz )
- As Time Turns, Cathy Hodgson
- Suazo Nights, Eddie Morgan
- Juicy Lucy, I Salute Your vASStness!, Monk E. Biz
- As Long As I Am There For 'You', Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Paralyzed And Iced, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Art and the Pain, Udaya R. Tennakoon
- Alien Lullaby, Akujuobi Chijioke
- A Song Of Long Ago, Lilly Emery
- Simply Amazing, Olecia Henry
- A City Called Nirvana, Akujuobi Chijioke