The Night Of The Knight
Every night I patiently await,
For a knight to be my charming mate.
I look at the moon shining bright
Cool like a shining armor knight.
Silky the rays glide,
Pelting dewdrops alongside.
Gracefully the knight walks by,
Sits on a knee and raises his head high.
Takes my hand and I sigh,
Holds my waist as we sway by.
We dance and we sway
As the nightingale sings away.
He gave me a soft peck
As the silly cloud came to check.
How gentle was his kiss,
It was something I’ll forever miss.
He caught a dewdropp fine
Slid it into my finger which made him mine.
I felt happy and light as a bubble
It ended soon as I’d already seen a trouble.
My shining knight had to fight
To take me with him with all his might.
He raised his silver sword and lightning fury
He fought with valor and led himself to victory.
He lifted me from the ground
Which gave me joy profound.
I bid farewell and I happily cry
To be with my knight on the high sky.
He carried me in his arms which made me swoon,
We left the ground and he flew me to the moon
Blossom Mist's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Night Of The Knight by Blossom Mist )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Flood, Jose Armando Guzman
- Shadows in the Dark, Darlene Walsh
- Who can be one's bombshell?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Eveningsong, Elizabeth Shield
- Chords Of Remembering, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Composite Of Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Journal Editors Calling Themselves C.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- until we end up in the same tent..., Mandolyn ...
- At First Sight, Elizabeth Shield
- Recognition Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak