The Night Of The Knight
Every night I patiently await,
For a knight to be my charming mate.
I look at the moon shining bright
Cool like a shining armor knight.
Silky the rays glide,
Pelting dewdrops alongside.
Gracefully the knight walks by,
Sits on a knee and raises his head high.
Takes my hand and I sigh,
Holds my waist as we sway by.
We dance and we sway
As the nightingale sings away.
He gave me a soft peck
As the silly cloud came to check.
How gentle was his kiss,
It was something I’ll forever miss.
He caught a dewdropp fine
Slid it into my finger which made him mine.
I felt happy and light as a bubble
It ended soon as I’d already seen a trouble.
My shining knight had to fight
To take me with him with all his might.
He raised his silver sword and lightning fury
He fought with valor and led himself to victory.
He lifted me from the ground
Which gave me joy profound.
I bid farewell and I happily cry
To be with my knight on the high sky.
He carried me in his arms which made me swoon,
We left the ground and he flew me to the moon
Blossom Mist's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Night Of The Knight by Blossom Mist )
- I Turn To Ice, Over The Moon
- yellow light turns green, Is It Poetry
- Tuesday, Kyle Costa
- Sleeping Machines, Kyle Costa
- In The Forest, stephen ifill
- We, The Moon Watchers, Kyle Costa
- Beauty of The Wolf, Kaylin Garrett
- There, Barbara Dixion
- Humpty-Dumpty, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Of Life Is Change, Is It Poetry
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(October 2, 1879 – August 2, 1955)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)