The Noble Experiment
Known as Strong Water
Unrivaled by any other
The Dries love it
The Wets loathe it
The 18th Amendment made rummy insuperable to get.
Bootleggers trafficked brandy for profit.
The KKK strongly supported Prohibition and its strict enforcement.
People say it's fine and use the Bible as an endorsement.
This audacious experiment lasted from 1919 to 1933.
Relying on the National Government to stop this business isn't a guarantee.
Notorious bootlegger Al Capone made sixty million dollars.
Average industrial workers made less than one thousand dollars.
On December 5,1993 the 21st Amendment was ratified.
People across America rejoiced happily to finally be gratified.
Demetrius JonesDixon's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Noble Experiment by Demetrius JonesDixon )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- She in Desert, Akhtar Jawad
- A bucket of paint, Piyush Dey
- Value be given, gajanan mishra
- Egypt, Tony Adah
- A Tribute To Gray's Elegy, Naveed Khalid
- Nothing i can offer, binod bastola
- Canonical, Naveed Khalid
- Africanesse not Darkness, Famoroti Odunayo Israel
- A Broken Mirror, Naveed Khalid
- Wings of Shakti, Poet Dragon