The One That I Survive
Why did you come along, just when I needed you...
I can't explain the reasons, or exactly what to do...
Far from having peace of mind, confusion's breaking through..
I've crawled on hands and knees, down betrayals avenue..
Why did I find you now, it's all still so unclear..
My life has been a heartless path, a tortured trail of tears...
But now, that you are close to me, what dream has brought you here...
To make me fall in love again, and stop the lonely years...
Do I deserve this happiness I know your heart can bring...
And so, by giving me your love, solve my everything...
Or will you turn away from me, and cause my heart, to swing...
Back into hopeless, sleepless nights, no love, no anything...
What did you expect, when you said that you loved me...
You know it's hard to take the soft embrace, to set me free...
And cause my heart to beat again, my eyes to finally see...
The thing my mind cannot believe, can actually be...
It's happened more than I can stand, to love, and then be lost...
Inside a dark, and painful world, emotions torn, and tossed...
A pool of tears that follows me, the heartache that it's cost...
Time heals wounds they say, but that's a line I haven't crossed...
So don't distress about my hesitation, to be loved...
It feels that you've been Heaven sent to me from high above...
Mind and heart can't take the things, they've been a victim of...
My love has flown away and disappeared, a wild dove..
I'll give our love a chance to grow, to flourish, and to thrive...
I'll try to put away this pain endured by me, but I've...
Been broken hearted and I hope, as long as I'm alive...
That you won't be, just one more thing, that I'm forced to survive...
I don't think I'm up to it................
dino evans's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The One That I Survive by dino evans )
- Inspiration (Haiku), Toshie Nohara
- Rain In Summer, Neela Nath
- Friendship is made by God, gajanan mishra
- Friend, JAMES T. ADAIR
- You'll Never Know, Akhtar Jawad
- Resource less, hasmukh amathalal
- Teaching - A Satisfying Experience, Joseph T. Renaldi
- The Story of An Autumn Leaf, Rose Lu ( Bing Hua )
- Love Unfetterred, Zulfiqar Ali Bhatti
- Time-wheel, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Psalm of Life, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)