A. Jayaprakash Jayaprakash Panicker
THE OPULENCE OF BEING ONE AND MOVING.
Where shall we go this monsoon?
Dear, where shall we go this monsoon?
Places where monsoon slants
Places where monsoon bents
And places where monsoon beckons
Where all should we go, my mind sings.
Do you feel now the wealth of company,
the opulence of being one and moving?
What if we leave all our cares out in the rain
And look on from distance how do they fair?
Or let’s shed all our dislikes in the monsoon sleet
And stay bare knowing one another nothing?
Or what if I take you to a place of my dreams
Where I’d show you, like little babes,
My likes and dislikes going all over you.
And in your search for you, ending up nowhere
but in you where you are not much more than me.
Now do you feel the wealth of company?
The opulence of being one and moving
Is the love I’d like you to be having?
A. Jayaprakash Jayaprakash Panicker's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (THE OPULENCE OF BEING ONE AND MOVING. by A. Jayaprakash Jayaprakash Panicker )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Robert Louis Stevenson
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(31 March 1934 – 31 May 2009)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Madhushala, Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Your Laughter, Pablo Neruda
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- A Little Air, Kevin John Racaza
- जिद्द............., sanjay kumar maurya
- An Unblind and a Blind Man, Luo Zhihai
- चादर तेरे प्रित की............., sanjay kumar maurya
- family visit, oskar hansen
- Thank the love gift me the verses by Ra.., Yuri Starostin
- पूनम का चांंद.............., sanjay kumar maurya
- An Angelic Figure, Ahmad Husain
- And the Trains Go On, Philip Levine
- Hair-raising, hafiz qasim